Click for more information.
The City of Johnson City, Tennessee is seeking a committed public safety professional to lead and manage a modern, full service agency dedicated to policing our City with a highly engaged and community-involved approach. Under the general direction and supervision of the City Manager, the chief plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and evaluates all activities of the Johnson City Police Department. The Police Chief will be privileged to lead a dedicated staff of 149 sworn officers and 32 civilian employees. The chief will manage the non-union police department’s $13.5 million budget and oversee the entire operations. The department is nationally accredited and is organized into three divisions: Administration, Criminal Investigations, and Operations. Areas of responsibility include: patrol, criminal investigations, canine, drug task force, EOD, minimum security jail, special operations, community policing, school resource, and SWAT.
The candidate must possess the following critical success factors:
• strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
• experience presenting to elected officials and public speaking
• ability to motivate and inspire staff to build on past successes
• demonstrated ability to develop and achieve long-range planning and budget goals
• comprehensive and broad knowledge of the principles and practices of modern police administration
Requirements include a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Criminal Justice, Public Administration, or equivalent) from an accredited university or college. A minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years of command level officer experience in a similar-sized department at the Captain level or above.
Johnson City, with a population of approximately 65,000, offers an affordable cost of living, no state income tax and outstanding schools, parks, sports and fitness facilities. Johnson City is the home of East Tennessee State University which has a current enrollment of approximately 14,600 students. The City operates under the Commission-Manager form of government with a City Manager appointed by a five-member City Commission.
Applications will be received on-line at www.johnsoncitytn.org until the position is filled. Salary range begins at $72,069 and tops at $116,810.
The Town of Nolensville is currently seeking to hire multiple police officers with preference given to applicants that are Tennessee P.O.S.T. certified at the time of appointment.
The Town of Nolensville is situated in the lush green hills of Williamson County along scenic Mill Creek. It's a great place to raise a family and connect to a community where rural meets suburban, rustic meets quaint and old meets new. We experience small town life in close proximity to the cultural and entertainment opportunities of Metropolitan Nashville. The Town has a radius of 19.5 square miles and a population of about 9,000.
The position of Police Officer is responsible for the protection of the lives, property, safety, and security of the citizens and visitors to the Town of Nolensville. The position of Police Officer shall enforce the laws of the State of Tennessee, the United States, and ordinances of the Town of Nolensville.
Knowledge and Skills:
The candidate must have the ability to be an organized person who can meet time schedules and deadlines. The candidate must be able to communicate both orally and in written form effectively. The candidate must be able to follow directions from supervisors and carry out assigned tasks. The candidate must be able to maintain a very high level of personal integrity, have good judgment, and be able to make sound decisions independently, with minimal supervision .
• At least 21 years of age
• Citizen of the United States
• High School Graduate or possess an equivalency (G.E.D.);
• Possess good moral character.
• Distant Visual Acuity in each eye must be no worse than 20/100 (Snellen) uncorrected, corrected 20/20 in the better eye and 20/30 in the other eye. Binocular vision must be at 20 feet. Must have normal depth perception. Must have normal color vision.
• Valid "Class D" Driver's License.
• Have not been convicted of or pleaded guilty to or entered a plea of nolo contendere to any felony charge or to any violations of any federal or state laws or city ordinances relating to force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor or controlled substance.
• Satisfactory driving record; candidate’s driving record will be considered part of the background investigation for this position.
• Honorable discharge from Military Service (if applicable).
• The medical requirements for enlistment or appointment to either the Army or Navy are the basis for physical suitability at the time of appointment.
• Meet standards set by the Tennessee Peace Officers Standards and Training Commission and adopted by the Tennessee General Assembly on June 24, 1983, T.C.A. 38-8-106.
Compensation and Benefits include:
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Paid time off including vacation, sick and holiday
Complete salary range is $17.77 - $24.26 per hour.
All candidates MUST submit a completed application to the Town of Nolensville in order to be considered.
For more information and to complete an application, please visit the Town of Nolensville’s website at: