Police Officer/Police Officer Trainee
Oak Ridge PD
The City of Oak Ridge is currently beginning its recruitment activities for the position of Police Officer/Police Officer Trainee.
Please carefully read this document to learn how this process will work.
- Be a United States citizen
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Possess excellent moral character for carrying out law enforcement duties
- Be free of a criminal conviction record
- High School diploma/equivalent.
- Must have at least one (1) of the following
- Associates Degree;
- 60 college credit hours;
- Two years’ service as a full-time, sworn law enforcement officer; or
- Two years full-time military service with an honorable discharge.
- Must become Certified Police Officer (POST) in the state of Tennessee within the timeframes specified by the City.
- Out of state certifications will be considered. Must obtain Tennessee Certification within six (6) months from date of hire.
- Must possess State of Tennessee Driver’s license.
- Must successfully pass Pre-employment and Post-Offer Testing, including a background investigation, drug screen and psychological examination. Failure to pass these will result in revocation of the employment offer.
- Must pass a post offer pre-employment physical and functional ability exam. Failure to pass these will result in revocation of the employment offer.
Applicants meeting ALL of the mandatory qualifications above will be invited to participate in a Police Officer Trainee Assessment Center and will receive an invitation by email the week after the position closes.
Other future selection steps for some applicants may include an oral interview, a psychological evaluation, background investigation, drug screening, and medical evaluation.
Individuals who desire to participate in the selection process MUST have a completed employment application on file in our NEW applicant software.
Please go to https://tn-oakridge.civicplushrms.com/careers/. You must create an account and follow instructions to submit your application. Applications must be received by 12:00 noon, Monday, February 15, 2021.
Now through February 15, the FPD is accepting applications from P.O.S.T. certified officers from across the U.S. who would like to join the force.
- Testing & interviews held February 22, 2021
- $50k salary at conclusion of probationary period ($47,507 to start);
- Take-home car program;
- 4-day work week;
- On-site fitness facilities;
- Vacation & sick leave, paid personal days, and 10 additional paid holidays;
- Annual uniform & equipment allowance;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Medical, dental, vision benefits
Education and Experience:
The required knowledge, skill, and abilities to satisfactorily perform job duties are normally acquired through attainment of an Associate’s Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education & experience.
Applications can be found on-line at http://www.franklintn.gov/government/human-resources
Contact Human Resources at (615) 791-3216 for more information regarding our hiring process.
The City of Brentwood is seeking highly motivated persons for a career in law enforcement in a positive, professional environment.
Current Tennessee Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certification holders, women and other minorities are encouraged to apply. Out of State Lateral Transfers and Non-certified applicants must be able to obtain Tennessee certification in a reasonable time. The City of Brentwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Starting annual salary is $41,995.20 per year ($20.19/hr.) with incentives for higher education or emergency medical training. Benefits include:
- Free Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance for employee.
- Paid Vacations and Holidays.
- Annual Vehicle Stipend of $2400 after probationary period.
- Shift Differential pay up to $2100.
- Annual Uniform allowance.
- Longevity Bonus after 5 years of service.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- TCRS Enhanced Retirement.
- G.I. Bill approved training provider.
Applicants must have 60 semester hours of college credit from a regionally accredited college or university, or 30 semester hours and 2 years of experience as a certified Police Officer or Military Police Officer. Applicants must be 21 years of age before hire date and be a citizen of the United States.
Applicants must be able to obtain a valid Tennessee driver's license. Applicants must pass a thorough background investigation. Selection process includes:
- Applicants must pass a physical fitness test.
- Applicants must pass a written test.
- Applicants who pass the written test will participate in an oral interview process.
- Applicants must pass a polygraph test.
- Applicants must pass a psychological and medical examination.
- Applicants must not have any tattoos visible in a traditional short sleeve uniform.
Online application and job description are available at www.governmentjobs.com/careers/brentwoodtn
Completed applications must be submitted online no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 5, 2021. For additional information, please contact (615)577-6085:
Brentwood Police Department - Support Services
5211 Maryland Way
Brentwood, TN. 37027
The Town of Atoka is seeking a full-time Chief of Police. The Town of Atoka is in Tipton County, Tennessee, approximately 30 miles north of Memphis, and has a population of around 10,000. Atoka Police Department consists of 22 sworn full-time officers and 5 sworn reserve officers. As Atoka continues to be a growing community, it still retains its small-town character. The successful candidate will have the following characteristics: positive attitude with impeccable integrity, ethics, and professionalism, self-motivated, detail oriented and well organized. The candidate must also be team-oriented and be able to communicate effectively with the public and all departments.
A complete job description and application are available at Atoka Town Hall, during normal business hours and also at www.TownofAtoka.com. Applicants must submit a completed Town of Atoka job application, cover letter with resume containing at least three (3) professional references to the Town Recorder by 3 p.m. on Monday, December 14, 2020.
This is an Exempt position. Salary range is $55,000 - $65,000 annually.
Special Agent 1
Office of Inspector General
About the Office of Inspector General:
The Office of Inspector General identifies, investigates, and criminally prosecutes persons who commit fraud against TennCare. These investigations include doctor shopping, drug diversion, and eligibility.
• Conduct criminal investigations related to TennCare Fraud,
• Interview victims, witnesses, and suspects,
• Collaborate with other law enforcement agencies (local, state, & federal),
• Issue subpoenas and execute search warrants to gather case evidence for criminal prosecution,
• Travel across the State of Tennessee,
• Prepare investigative report for criminal prosecution,
• Communicate with District Attorneys for criminal case prosecution,
• Testify for Grand Jury Indictment and Criminal Court Trial,
• Receive forty (40) hours of law enforcement in-service training,
• Carry and train with handguns and patrol rifles,
• Communicate with the general public to explain the mission of OIG.
• Reside in Middle Tennessee, within 50 miles of 665 Mainstream Dr., Nashville TN.
• Have completed a four-year degree, preferred
• Must be a P.O.S.T. Certified Law Enforcement Officer in Tennessee
• Possess a valid vehicle operator’s license
• Minimum of four (4) years of criminal investigation experience
• Pass a background check
• Pass a physical evaluation
• Pass a psychological evaluation
Questions: Contact Amber Heath at 615-687-7265
Please submit a resume for consideration by December 15, 2020.
PLEASE SEND RESUME TO:
Amber Heath, Office Manager, email@example.com
Office of Inspector General
C/O Amber Heath
PO Box 282368
Nashville TN, 37228-8514
Belle Meade PD
The City of Belle Meade, a satellite city within Metropolitan Nashville/Davidson County, Tennessee, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Chief of Police. This residential City of almost 3,000 residents has a land area of 3.1 square miles, almost 40 miles of tree lined streets and over 1,100 single family homes. The per capita income of Belle Meade is one of the highest in the state. In 2018, the City installed a video and LPR camera system at 19 entry/exit points in the City, which has proven to be an essential safety and crime prevention tool.
Candidates for the Chief position shall have strong and proven leadership capabilities as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills, a thorough knowledge of police administration practices and the ability to plan, organize and coordinate the activities of thirteen police officers, a criminal investigator, four full-time and two part-time dispatch communication personnel. Candidates shall be expected to maintain the department’s culture of timely responsiveness to all calls from residents and continue to build professional and working relationships with residents. Candidates should continue to support existing liaisons with other local agencies, in particular Metro Nashville.
Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office software is required. Knowledge of budget preparation and management is essential. Currently, the Police Department operates within an annual budget of 1.8 million. Special knowledge of and experience in implementing community relations initiatives is also necessary.
Candidates shall meet all requirements for Tennessee P.O.S.T. certification and have a minimum of ten years of law enforcement experience, including three to five years of command staff experience. Minimum of high school graduate with appropriate command experience is required; a bachelor’s or master’s degree in criminal justice or related field and command staff training through FBI/National Academy or comparable training are preferred. The Belle Meade Police Department operates within a current annual budget of $1.8 million. Salary range for this position is $69,000 to $98,000, with a comprehensive benefits package.
A copy of the job description, application, and all related documents are available at
https://citybellemeade.org/employment/. Your application packet must include the following:
• Application (on website)
• Resume with cover letter and four work-related and two personal references
• A Summary of Qualifications, Experience & Special Training or Honors
• Employment Application and Interview Agreement (on website)
• Pre-Interview Questionnaire (on website)
Send the application packet to Beth Reardon, City Manager, City of Belle Meade, 4705 Harding Road, Nashville, TN 37205. For questions, phone (615) 297-6041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Application packets must be received by 4:00 pm on Thursday, January 7, 2021. References will not be contacted until a mutual interest has been established after completion of a formal interviewing process. EOE.