OIG SPECIAL AGENT 1
Monthly Salary Range: $ 3,924.00 - $ 7,063.00. Work week consists of 37.5 hours.
Posting Dates: September 12, 2022 – October 10, 2022
About the Office of Inspector General:
The mission of the Tennessee Office of Inspector General (OIG) is to identify, investigate and seek accountability of those that commit fraud or abuse against the TennCare program. Investigations vary, but primarily involve allegations of Doctor-Shopping, Drug Diversion, and Eligibility Fraud.
- Conduct criminal and civil investigations directly and indirectly related to TennCare Fraud,
- Interview victims, witnesses, and suspects to complete criminal and civil investigations,
- Issue administrative/judicial subpoenas and search warrants as needed to gather evidence for criminal prosecution,
- Collaborate with other law enforcement agencies (local, state, & federal) during investigations,
- Prepare detailed investigative reports for presentment to District Attorney’s for potential criminal prosecution,
- Present cases to Grand Juries and Court proceedings as necessary across the State of Tennessee
- Complete forty (40) hours of P.O.S.T. certifiable law enforcement in-service training per year,
- Qualify with, carry, and train bi-annually with OIG issued Glock 19/43 Handguns and HD-15 Patrol Rifles.
- Must reside in Tennessee – Hamilton County area PREFERRED (Within 100 miles),
- Four-year college degree – PREFERRED,
- Must be a P.O.S.T. Certified Law Enforcement Officer in Tennessee (Provide POST certificate with resume),
- Must possess a valid TN motor vehicle operator’s license,
- Must have a MINIMUM of four (4) years of criminal investigative experience, AND
- Pass a background check, physical evaluation, and psychological evaluation
SUBMIT RESUME(s) AND COVER LETTER(s) TO:
OR MAIL TO:
Office of Inspector General
C/O Amber Heath / Kara Zimmer
PO Box 282368
Nashville TN, 37228-8514
Signal Mountain, TN
The Signal Mountain Police Department is now accepting applications for the position of: PATROL OFFICER.
The Town of Signal Mountain is seeking professional candidates for the position of Patrol Officer. Under the general direction of the Lieutenant, the Patrol Officer is responsible for protecting life and property, deterring criminal activity within the community, enforcing all town ordinances, laws and regulations of the State, responding to the needs of the general public and preserving the peace and fostering positive relations with the citizens and community.
The candidate must have:
• Minimum 21 years of age;
• High School Diploma / GED; preferably a BA or Associates in Criminal Justice
• Valid Tennessee Driver’s License or equivalent in state of residence is needed prior to employment;
• Applicants must pass background and driver history check; medical and physical exams, psychological/personality exam, as determined by a town designated psychologist and drug screen.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to: traffic enforcement, Town Ordinances and State laws enforcement, prompt response to service calls and investigation of crimes. The ideal candidate must be able to become Tennessee P.O.S.T. certified, within one year. Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the person with the knowledge and abilities required to perform the job may substitute for the above education requirements.
The Town offers a competitive entry level wage based on certifications, education and experience. $41,184 (entry level and less than 3 years experience) and $43,701 (entry level and more than 3 years experience) annually. The town offers a comprehensive benefit package, take home vehicle, $800 salary supplement for training annually, $500/year clothing allowance and for holiday’s worked, 8 hours holiday pay plus 8 hours at time and a half.
Applications with copies of current certification(s) and a short resume can be submitted:
1) In person between the hours of 8:00 and 4:30, Monday through Friday at: Signal Mountain Police Department, 1111 Ridgeway Ave., Signal Mountain, TN 37377
2) Mailed directly to Signal Mountain Police Department, ATTN: Administrative Assistant, 1111 Ridgeway Ave., Signal Mountain, TN 37377
3) Emailed to: email@example.com
4) Faxed to: 423-886-2137
For an application, go to www.signalmountaintn.gov (appl. is under Employment Opportunity on the right) or call (423) 886-2124. Applications accepted through Friday, September 16, 2022.
City of Brentwood, TN
The City of Brentwood is seeking highly motivated persons for a career in law enforcement in a positive, professional environment.
Current Tennessee Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certification holders, women and other minorities are encouraged to apply. Out of State Lateral Transfers and Non-certified applicants must be able to obtain Tennessee certification in a reasonable time. The City of Brentwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Starting annual salary is $47,195.20 per year ($22.69/hr.) with incentives for higher education or law enforcement experience. Benefits include:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- Paid Vacations and Holidays.
- Shift Differential pay up to $2100.
- Annual Vehicle Stipend of $2400.
- Annual Uniform allowance.
- Monthly Communications allowance.
- Longevity Bonus after 5 years of service.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- TCRS Enhanced Retirement.
Applicants must have 60 semester hours of college credit from a regionally accredited college or university, or 30 semester hours and 2 years of experience as a certified Police Officer or Military Police Officer. Applicants must be 21 years of age before hire date and be a citizen of the United States.
Applicants must be able to obtain a valid Tennessee driver's license. Applicants must pass a thorough background investigation. Selection process includes:
- Applicants must pass a physical fitness test.
- Applicants must complete a written test.
- Applicants must participate in an oral interview process.
- Applicants must pass a polygraph test.
- Applicants must pass a psychological and medical examination.
- Applicants must not have any tattoos visible in a traditional short sleeve uniform.
Online application and job description are available at www.governmentjobs.com/careers/brentwoodtn
For additional information, please contact (615)577-6085:
Brentwood Police Department
910 Heritage Way
Brentwood, TN. 37027
Cowan Police Department is hiring for the following positions.
Police Chief: Click here for the job posting
Police Officer: Click here for the job posting
White House Police Department is hiring for the positions of police officers.
Starting Pay $20.48
Qualifications- High School Diploma or GED. U.S. Citizen. Driver’s License. No Felony Convictions.
Hiring Process- Background Investigation. Written Exam. Physical Fitness Course. Interview Panel. Chief’s Interview. Drug Screen. Psychological. (we send you to the police academy if needed)
Opportunities- Over Time. Bike Patrol. Detective Bureau. K9 Unit. SWAT. Drug Task Force. Specialized Training. Take Home Car. Outer Vest. 12 hour shifts (every other weekend off).
Benefits- Health and Dental. 4 weeks of vacation accrued first year. Sick Days accrued bi-weekly. Longevity pay. Pay increase annually (no top out). 12 Holidays. 2 Personal Days. College Tuition. TCRS Retirement & Retiree Healthcare.
Apply online at - whitehousetn.gov/department/human-resources
Inquiries can contact Human Resources at 615-672-4350
Vanderbilt University Police Department is hiring for the following positions.
Deputy Police Chief: Click here for the job posting