Signal Mountain, TN
The Town of Signal Mountain is seeking professional candidates for the position of Patrol Officer. Under the general direction of the Lieutenant, the Patrol Officer is responsible for protecting life and property, deterring criminal activity within the community, enforcing all town ordinances, laws and regulations of the State, responding to the needs of the general public and preserving the peace and fostering positive relations with the citizens and community.
The candidate must have:
• Minimum 21 years of age;
• High School Diploma / GED; preferably a BA or Associates in Criminal Justice
• Valid Tennessee Driver’s License or equivalent in state of residence is needed prior to employment;
• Applicants must pass background and driver history check; medical and physical exams, psychological/personality exam, as determined by a town designated psychologist and drug screen.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to: traffic enforcement, Town Ordinances and State laws enforcement, prompt response to service calls and investigation of crimes. The ideal candidate must be able to become Tennessee P.O.S.T. certified, within one year. Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the person with the knowledge and abilities required to perform the job may substitute for the above education requirements.
The Town offers a competitive entry level wage based on certifications, education and experience. $41,184 (entry level and less than 3 years experience) and $43,701 (entry level and more than 3 years experience) annually. The town offers a comprehensive benefit package, take home vehicle, $800 salary supplement for training annually, $500/year clothing allowance and for holiday’s worked, 8 hours holiday pay plus 8 hours at time and a half.
Applications with copies of current certification(s) and a short resume can be submitted:
1) In person between the hours of 8:00 and 4:30, Monday through Friday at: Signal Mountain Police Department, 1111 Ridgeway Ave., Signal Mountain, TN 37377
2) Mailed directly to Signal Mountain Police Department, ATTN: Administrative Assistant, 1111 Ridgeway Ave., Signal Mountain, TN 37377
3) Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Faxed to: 423-886-2137.
For an application, go to www.signalmountaintn.gov (appl. is under Employment Opportunity on the right) or call (423) 886-2124. Applications accepted through Friday, November 11, 2022